Monday, March 19, 2012

What Religion Was Thomas "Separate That Sh*t" Jefferson?

The GOP campaign to "claim" the 2012 presidential election has some very hot topics, but none seems to be hotter than the issue of religion and the separation of church and state. Red hot, like boiling hot, because they are morons who clearly never read a snitch of Jefferson.  

So we have found a complete list of The US presidents and their respective religions. Major props to the following for not having a specified denomination (clearly devil worshippers by today's standards) : Thomas "separate that sh*t" Jefferson ; Abe "free 'em" Lincoln ; Andrew "I do what I want" Johnson. 

Eisenhower was a River Brethren?
 


I come of Quaker stock. My ancestors were persecuted for their beliefs. Here they sought and found religious freedom. By blood and conviction I stand for religious tolerance both in act and in spirit." -- New Day, 1928--Herbert Hoover


In my opinion, Church and State should be separate, not only in form, but fact -- religion and politics should not be mingled." -- from a series of campaign speeches, Summer of 1856 - Millard Fillmore

"I believe in the American tradition of separation of church and state which is expressed in the First Amendment to the Constitution. By my office -- and by personal conviction -- I am sworn to uphold that tradition." -- Interview, Baptist Standard, October, 1964  --Lyndon B. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment